Metaphor Restructuring and the Reverse Speech Metawalk™
In the deepest regions of the unconscious mind there is a theater that runs movies 24 hours day. The plots are heroic and mimic many of the myths and legends of our civilization. Metaphors come alive here with lush imagery and personas that are similar to those discussed by Carl Jung, and described in native cultures. These dramas run independently of the conscious mind. They are essentially on autopilot. This is sometimes unfortunate, because our subconscious metaphors control our lives in a very powerful way.
In the 1980's I spent a lot of time using positive thinking and affirmations, you know...."You like yourself, you're gonna make a lot of money, You look really good"....it was really kind of funny. Now many of us have invested in positive intending as the path to personal salvation. I don't discount these techniques, and still use variations of them today, but I do find that in certain situations, the techniques don't work. And for that you can blame the movies of the subconscious. For instance, you can intend wealth, using all the right affirmations and prayers, guides and angels, but if your subconscious mind is running the metaphor life in the ghetto, your financial picture is unlikely to change very much. This is because there is a disconnect between your conscious desires and your subconscious belief. The MetaWalk™ metaphor restructuring technique, originated by David John Oates, combines reverse speech with hypnosis, allowing us to change the metaphors in a way that lets conscious desires manifest, by eliminating limiting beliefs and self sabotage.
While a traditional hypnotic induction works with the personal imagery of the client, a MetaWalk™ takes the client through a variety of locations and activities that are laden with archetypal symbols and metaphors that have been with the human race since the dawn of time. Each adventure alters the internal structures of the mind to reveal the highest awareness possible for the individual client, as prescribed by their own speech reversals.
A complete personal MetaWalk™ includes seven sessions, which are conducted in person or by telephone.
1. During the first recorded session we discuss your issues or goals for 30 - 45 minutes. After our discussion I will analyze the recording to find all speech reversals, and prepare a transcription. This will take another two hours.
2. In the second session we will review your speech reversals together to ascertain their meanings. I play each recorded reversal for you and provide a transcript. This step alone often supplies the client with startling realizations and new direction. This usually takes one hour.
3. A third session includes an analysis of your reactions to the reversals, events that have transpired since the second session, and a discussion designed to elicit more speech reversals and trance instructions to be used later. One hour. After our discussion I will analyze the recording to find all speech reversals, and prepare a transcription. This will take another two hours.
4. The actual MetaWalk™ takes place in session four. You will participate in a hypnotic trance that was designed using your own speech reversals and instructions from your own subconscious. Essentially you are following a visualization that is scripted by your higher self. One hour.
5. This session is used to create a monitor recording. We will discuss your reactions to the MetaWalk and your thoughts on how things are progressing. One hour. After our discussion I will analyze the recording to find all speech reversals, and prepare a transcription. Two hours.
6. We review the speech reversals found in the previous session together, and assess whether or not your subconscious blocks have been removed, and what progress has been made toward your stated goals. One hour.
7. A final MetaWalk™ and discussion. One hour.
*The term MetaWalk is a trademark of David John Oates, originator of the MetaWalk process.